JibJab creates content and tools that help people be funny in their digital lives. From its flagship JibJab Ecards, Music Videos, and GIFs, to its new GifGab app, the company has been pioneering new forms of digital fun since its founding by two brothers in a Brooklyn garage in 1999. Now based in Los Angeles, California, the studio is home to world-class artists, technologists and business people working hard in pursuit of their mission to make “billions of people happy.”
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS devices specifically mobile phones and tablets. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services using REST. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure, as well as Product Managers who define the behavior of the application. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design and build applications for the iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Proficient with latest version of Swift and Objective-C
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Autolayout, StoreKit.
- Experience with architecture patterns like MVC.
- Experience with offline caching, threading, and performance tuning
- Comfortable with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments
- Familiarity with iOS networking (NSURLSession, AFNetworking) and RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience with OpenGL is a plus!
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field is preferred.
- Top of the market salary based on knowledge and experience
- 100% of salary registered at IMSS (as it should be)
- Retirement housing and social security are of course included within the 100% registry of IMSS
- Private minor and major medical Insurance with $3,000,000 pesos in coverage for employee and direct family
- 15 days Christmas bonus
- Life Insurance
- Great work environment / relaxed atmosphere
- 10 vacation days from the first year of employment
- Gym membership sponsorship
- Fully stocked kitchen in new office space
- 24-hour access to office installations after work hours and during the weekend if needed
- Direct working relationship between client and employee