OneCloud Systems has a dynamic opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our successful organization as a key contributor. Employees enjoy our flexible, fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Engineers will be exposed to a multitude of technologies and architectures. This is a great place to learn new technologies and build your skills. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
The scope of these activities will primarily be focused on the management of our clients AWS based infrastructures and applications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on multiple client projects involving any of the following:
- Create/Maintain OpsWorks (Chef) Recipes and Stacks
- Create/Maintain Terraform / Ansible scripts to build out AWS network architectures.
- Create/Maintain Jenkins Jobs for CI / CD pipelines.
- Manage Runbooks.
- Plan, integrate, administer, and support multiple on-prem and cloud-based systems.
- Participate in code reviews for automation scripts developed by other team members using Git based pull/merge techniques.
- Assess, recommend, configure, and support monitoring tools in order to create telemetry and reduce the feedback loop between operations and development teams.
- Evaluate infrastructure utilization data in support of capacity planning, budgeting, and infrastructure expansion.
- Resolve problems in the entire application stack using Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Participate in the rotation of our 24×7 Tier 1 support team.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience/certifications
- Experience in systems administration with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) and Windows platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- A desire to grow technical and/or programming skills
- Knowledge of network principals
- Server hardware principals
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with monitoring services
- Experience with Continuous Integration best practices
- Experience communicating technical specifications to both technical and non-technical individuals and clients
- Some understanding of web application structures and deployment.
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Knowledge/experience in a 24/7 always-up, always available service.
- Must be able to adjust to constant business change including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
OTHER BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge and development or operations experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, EBS, Aurora, RDS, etc.
- Experience with AWS management tools such as CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor, and CloudTrail.
- Cloud infrastructure automation in the Amazon Web Services environment utilizing Terraform.
- Experience with infrastructure automation frameworks such as Chef and Ansible.
- Working knowledge of Nginx, Tomcat, Microsoft IIS.
- Experience with Docker containers and Orchestration such as Kubernetes and ECS.
- Experience working with monitoring and log aggregation technologies such as DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Loggly, PaperTrail, Sumo Logic, Splunk, ELK Stack, etc.
- Experience with application load balancing technology products such as EC2 ELB/ALB.
- General exposure to a wide range of technologies including Internet, application development, network infrastructure, and business process.
- On-call availability to diagnose/recover systems outside business hours when required
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SLDC), and deployment best practices
- Familiarity with QA; its related requirements, intent, and purpose
- Familiarity of how to perform and provide Capacity Assessment(s) and other similar analysis
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary based on knowledge and experience.
- 100% of salary registered at IMSS (as it should be).
- Private Minor and Major Medical Insurance with $3,000,000 pesos in coverage for employee and direct family (capped at a cost of $50,000 pesos a year).
- Great work environment / relaxed atmosphere.
- 10 vacation days since the first year of employment.
- Gym membership sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time